Show Side Menu
To view, print or save our practice booklet, click here
NHS 111 symptom checker
Follow us on Facebook
NHS reviews and ratings

Fit Notes & Sickness Certificates

You should not require a doctor’s certificate or any illness lasting 7 days or less. Your employer may require you to complete a self-certificate (SC2) which is available from Reception, your employer, the Post Office or the DSS or click here to access the form online.

If you need a certificate for illness lasting more than 7 days, you will need to see a GP and an appointment should be made as soon as possible.

If your employer insists on a note for a work absence during the first 7 days, the doctor may agree but a fee will be charged.

Find a support worker role near you today
Local Services, Let