Social prescribing is available at Northumberland Heath Medical Centre and can help to improve your health and wellbeing. It helps to explore extra services and other ways that may support you to improve your health, sense of wellness and independence.
You will be referred by a member of the Practice health care team to our Social Prescriber who will then contact you by telephone to discuss your referral. Our Social Prescriber is currently available in the Practice every other Monday.
The Social Prescriber is:
- Someone to talk to confidentially
- Someone who is practical, helpful and will not judge you
- Someone who can help you find activities that may suit you
- Someone who can help you decide what you would like to do to feel healthier and happier
- Someone who can advise you on how to arrange appointments and access support for form filing and similar
- Someone who can give you support along the way.
The Social Prescriber can explore with you many services in your community to help:
- Befriending, counselling and other support groups
- Volunteering, training and employment opportunities
- Accessing specialist services and support
- Opportunities available for education and learning
- Healthier and more active lifestyles
- Ways to develop their own positive skills and interests.